Highlighted

How to export to MP4

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like a complete dunce with this Premier Pro.  This is the most unintuitive software I've seen in a long time.

How do you export to MP4 or MP5?  I looked under export (the most logiical place) and it's not there.  It's not under "Save as". I find it hard to believe that Adobe would create a product like this that doesn'''t have the ability to export to video.

I'm on the 7 day trial, so I need an answer quickly so I can make the buying decision.

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to export to MP4

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like a complete dunce with this Premier Pro.  This is the most unintuitive software I've seen in a long time.

How do you export to MP4 or MP5?  I looked under export (the most logiical place) and it's not there.  It's not under "Save as". I find it hard to believe that Adobe would create a product like this that doesn'''t have the ability to export to video.

I'm on the 7 day trial, so I need an answer quickly so I can make the buying decision.

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no MP5.

To export as MP4 you go File > Export > Media. In the dialogue box that comes up Format will be set to H.264 by default. This creates an mp4 file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

MP5 was a typo

I had already tried File > Export > Media, as that seems to be the most logical choice.  However, There is NO dialogue box.  CTRL-M doesn't work either.  Is export disabled during the trial period?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized, the entire submenu under File > Export is grayed out.  Could this be because I am on the 7 day trial?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Pampurrs LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved.  I didn't realize I had to click in the timeline area for it to work.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0