Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to extend beginning of caption?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a set of captions that starts at 9:21 in the timeline.  I am trying to extend the beginning of the caption file to the 0:00 position of the timeline so that the timing will be correct when I export it to srt.  Is there a way to do that?  When I click on the edge of the caption file, I can't pull it any further to the left.  Alternatively, does anyone know why when I export the srt file and try to upload to Youtube so that it can be closed caption, all the timing is about 9 seconds too early?  If anyone knows how to shift all the captions in Youtube down by 9 seconds (without having to adjust the timing on every caption), I'd love to hear!  Thanks in advance for your help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as above, although in my case its only about one second off. It's a 30 min lecture that has already been delivered to the client. There has to be a way to not have to move each caption's in and out point back one second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still don't understand why this is often a problem. I just downloaded a Youtube generated caption file for a video I did that starts with music; the sound starting at 1 frame. Youtube automatic caption generation includes a caption "[Music]" starting at 38 milliseconds. I modified that Youtube caption file, deleting the first caption, so it starts delayed by a second and a half. It plays correctly in Youtube. I modified it outside PR and in PR; same results.

But if you are having a problem, and the captions are off by the amount of the first caption's delay from zero, add a caption in PR at zero timecode with a single space.

Let us know if this helps. I'm happy to look at your caption file.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines