Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find out if a clip was "scaled to frame size" in a CEP extension

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I find out if a clip on the timeline has been "scaled to frame size"

With "set to frame size" I can just read the scale from the Motion effect's scale property but when "scale to frame size" was used then I can't.

How can I find it out?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

There is API to set that state, but no API to get that state. 

It's unlikely we'll add an accessor method to the ExtendScript API, before UXP-based extensibility becomes available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scale to framesize will alway be 100% if that is any help.

Set to framesize can be anything including 100%. Only way to find out to right click on clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not because a clip with let's say a lower resolution that hasn't been "scaled to frame size" will also show 100% there.

By looking at the Motion property I can tell whether the clip has been "scaled" or not by looking at the values of Position and Anchor Point i.e. Position values correspond to sequence dimensions, while Anchor Point values correspond to the clip original dimensions. But reading Position and Anchor Point values in ExtendScript always returns relative values i.e. [0.5, 0.5] for both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah this a cep question, did not realize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is API to set that state, but no API to get that state. 

It's unlikely we'll add an accessor method to the ExtendScript API, before UXP-based extensibility becomes available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before UXP-based extensibility becomes available. 

When one might expect that to come? Is it likely to be in 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dates available; yes, we hope to offer initial third party UXP support in PPro, within 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! And when it's announced it will go along an update of Premiere Pro itself? Or is there any other place I can tune into to find when it's out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once available, we'll 'sing it from the rooftops', here and elsewhere.

You'll be tired of hearing about it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added a Uservoice feature request for this. I would argue this is a critical enough Extendscript omission that it should also be added to Extendscript, particularly given the long transition period envisioned for UXP. Because of this issue, any extension that in some way needs to manipulate or understand scale, position, or clip dimensions, won't work correctly on clips that have been scaled to frame size. 

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42627046-api-to-determine-i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks dheidel

any extension that in some way needs to manipulate or understand scale, position, or clip dimensions, won't work correctly on clips that have been scaled to frame size. 

Which is exactly the case with my Drag Zoom Pro extension 😞 - available on Exchange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines