• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to fix a clip I made too short

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupid beginner question I hope. Early on in my projest I misplaced an edit mark and cut off and deleted about a quarter second too much of a clip. How can I, now many hundreds of edits down the road (so successive undo just isn't practical) re-edit that piece of the clip to extend it to include the missing bit?

It seems like there must be some way to select and revert that few seconds of video back to the original so I can try again. Or, alternately, a view like in revision mode in a word processor, where you can find and undo a past edit. The history window has so far proved useless, as I can't tell which of the hundreds of razor/delete operations are the one I want. Is there a way to see only the edit history of a single segment of video?

I could go back and replace the entire original clip I guess and re-edit, but my starting clips are 15-20 minutes long and have many dozens of edits made to them already, I'd hate to have to re-do that work, as it was quite fussy and time-consuming. 

Thanks for any help on this! I'm surprised it's not a common question but Google has failed me on it. 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Select the ripple edit tool (B on the keyboard) and drag the end of the clip to make it longer, the rest of the timeline should ripple down. Press V to return to the normal tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the ripple edit tool (B on the keyboard) and drag the end of the clip to make it longer, the rest of the timeline should ripple down. Press V to return to the normal tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I was sure it must be trivial, and indeed it is. So many tools and commands to try to grasp at once! I appreciate your patience and willingness to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines