• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix a time frame/audio issue?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am editing a short film for a friend. They used the BMPCC 6k which has an offspeed recording button to allow recording in a different frame rate, and of course they pressed it so the last 50 or so clips are essentially in slow motion (recorded at 50fps, but the project is at 23.97) while the audio for those clips is at regular speed (at the 23.97). So now I have the task of readjusting those clips, but I can't figure out how to do this without having to separate the audio from the clips, assume a different frame rate for said clips, and then readd the audio manually. That seems like an excuciating amount of work so I was just wondering, hoping, praying that there is an easier solution to this? It seems like there SHOULD be, but I've never run into this issue before so I'm not too sure if there actually is. 

Essentially what my question is, is: How can I assume a new frame rate while not affecting the audio? 

Thank you all!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interpret footage - modify will also change the audio fps

try to use speed/duration with maintain audio pitch, that needs to be done from the timeline,

with the proper frame interpolation like Optical Flow, dunno how far this will work for you...

I also found this workaround by those guys:

https://lensvid.com/post-processing/speed-ramping-audio-sync-hack-in-adobe-premiere-pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your clips and lay them down on the timeline, keeping only the audio.

Select your clips again from the project window, right click > modify > interpret footage > assume this frame rate 50.

Drag the videos to the timeline on top of the audio kept from before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlink the audio from the video clip. Divide the frame rate the camera recorded the video as by the project frame rate. Multiply by 100. Change the video clip speed to this number. You'll have to play with your clips to line them up correctly but you should be able to keep them in sync throughout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've done this with my BMPCC4K. Easy fix, MUCH easier than the others listed.

1. drop onto a sequence by itself.
  2. Unlink video/audio.
  3. Zoom in pretty tight on timeline, with snap set to on.
  4. Drag end of video to match audio clip.

Done.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines