How to fix a time frame/audio issue?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am editing a short film for a friend. They used the BMPCC 6k which has an offspeed recording button to allow recording in a different frame rate, and of course they pressed it so the last 50 or so clips are essentially in slow motion (recorded at 50fps, but the project is at 23.97) while the audio for those clips is at regular speed (at the 23.97). So now I have the task of readjusting those clips, but I can't figure out how to do this without having to separate the audio from the clips, assume a different frame rate for said clips, and then readd the audio manually. That seems like an excuciating amount of work so I was just wondering, hoping, praying that there is an easier solution to this? It seems like there SHOULD be, but I've never run into this issue before so I'm not too sure if there actually is. 

Essentially what my question is, is: How can I assume a new frame rate while not affecting the audio? 

Thank you all!

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interpret footage - modify will also change the audio fps

try to use speed/duration with maintain audio pitch, that needs to be done from the timeline,

with the proper frame interpolation like Optical Flow, dunno how far this will work for you...

I also found this workaround by those guys:

https://lensvid.com/post-processing/speed-ramping-audio-sync-hack-in-adobe-premiere-pro/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your clips and lay them down on the timeline, keeping only the audio.

Select your clips again from the project window, right click > modify > interpret footage > assume this frame rate 50.

Drag the videos to the timeline on top of the audio kept from before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines