• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix double outline lag in video footage?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! This is from an old video footage from 2016. I thought there was nothing to do with the lagging back then, but I remember I fixed something similar not that long ago. I just can't remember what I did or what this problem is called. Every time there is a motion, an outline apears around objects ect. It kind of look a bit delayed and everything looks there is twice as much of everything. The video was filmed with a Sony a6400 camera. 

Skjermbilde 2020-07-13 kl. 15.21.10.png

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please tell us the properties of your media files.  Wondering if by any chance your footage is interlaced.  If so, you'll need to deinterlace which is difficult to do without losing quality.   But...  if this is just the way it's looking within Premiere, it may not be an enormous issue depending on your delivery format...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick look online about the a6400 and it appears it can record 'interlaced'. Which as mgrenadier suggests may be the cause of your issue. So you'll need to deinterlace the footage or work in an interlaced sequence. I believe the a6400 can record at 4K though ... so if this is the case at least you are starting with a high quality image before deinterlacing and throwing away half your resolution 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can 4k be interlaced?  I have no idea, just curious....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not look like interlaced to me. (too) Fast panning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the way it looks has to do with the scaling of the viewer...  I've been working on a bunch of old standard def documentaries getting them ready for live stream events and interlacing sometimes looks like this depending on your sequence settings and scaling.   I was making myself crazy with this when I realized nobody really cares...  and the quality sucked since the best sources I had were not great dvds...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines