• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to fix please enter an invalid directory on adobe premiere pro.

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Invalid directory..png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Your path looks fine but that filename is still bad.

Can you please try your export frame again, but this time, choose your desktop, with the filename 01

Your path should be C:\Users\dawoo\Desktop

mo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Premiere Pro forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is the premiere pro forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the premiere pro forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already moved you to it. The direct link to the forum is: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/bd-p/premiere-pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the path? That's hidden by the dialog box telling you it's an invalid path. My guess is that it's an invalid path.. Maybe just output to your desktop or the root of an internal drive and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have invalid characters in your filename. Rename it. Don't use special characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever character that is is invalid. Remove it and look for any more like it.

Image 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you my brother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My brother, I did try deleting the invalid filename, but it didn't work so I am going to write the invalid characters on here.   transformers-the-basics-on-the-g1-cartoon_LqD2ibzQ_mGDV.00_00_00.Still001 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is just the filename, the invalid characters could be anywhere in the entire file path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how can I get rid of the invalid characters in the entire file path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you please hurry up, I got to finish my work you know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if it works shortening the name and taking out the points and the underscores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try what you said but, it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take a screenshot of the entire path you are trying to save to? Basically, your previous screenshot, but without the error message. The path is covered by the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is a path?, I need do know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the complete direction to where you're saving the file. In your case, is the one that starts with D:/ under the error message. Post it here so everybody can see if there's something wrong with it. Also, check your disk space, make sure you have enough space to save your file, and if your path leads to an external disk, check if it's well connected.

(On other note, you should be a little more patient waiting for an answer, people here are trying to help you, but they too have things to do and they're not checking the forum 24/7, if and when they can and have something to add, they'll do it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right about me being unpateint for someone answer and their help. Therefore, thank you for that reminder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohammad Dawood. , the answers you seek are contained within your own screenshot. I told you exactly where the path is but you have not provided the info. Here is a screenshot. As you can see , the error message is covering the path. Can you bring up that screen again so we can see the entire file path? Without the error message?

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.21.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who know where it say Path, I change file name by clicking the browser and pick...Problem solved screenshot..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your path looks fine but that filename is still bad.

Can you please try your export frame again, but this time, choose your desktop, with the filename 01

Your path should be C:\Users\dawoo\Desktop

mo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can change both the path and the file name by clicking on their respective boxes, choose a simple name for the file, just basic letters (a-z) and/or numbers, and make sure to pick an existing disk folder for the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines