• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get combined length of two clips on timeline?

Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a two different clips one on top of the other. When I point at the top clip, the pop up shows the length of that clip.

Then, on the clip underneath, I can simply change its speed/duration by adding in the exact length of the top clip. Doing this makes both clips line up perfectly, the top clip playing at normal speed and the bottom either sped up or slowed down.

But suppose I have two clips on top. I selected both of them hoping that the pop up display would show the combined length, but it didn't work. So is there a way for me to easily select or get the combined length of both of the clips so I can then punch in the bottom clip's speed/duration so it lines up? See the photo below:

combined-clips.png

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Open Info tab.

Select the clips and read the duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marking an in (I) and out (O) point will give you the duration in the bottom right of the program monitor, just put the in at the start of the first clip and the our at the end of the second. Or you could use the 'rate stretch ' tool on your bottom clip and drag it out to length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the I/O tip. I tried it and it works great. The only old-school thing is I have to write the combined total down and then punch it into speed for the other clip 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Info tab.

Select the clips and read the duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow that's great too Ann. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines