Highlighted

how to get reverb to keep going after the clip ends

Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when applying reverb to a clip, the reverb stops abruptly when the clip stops,   this makes the reverb effect fairly useless in a lot of cases i think, and necessitates creating an individual audio track  using reverb as an insert in order to get the desired effect.

it would be nice if there was a way to toggle between "end when clip ends" and "keep going after clip ends"   for those long reverbs

it would also be nice to be able to do this with delays etc

maybe there is a way but i just didnt find it yet...

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

One option is to nest the clip, then use a black video after the clip, add the reverb to the nested sequence,  and keyframe away.

From Jarle Leirpoll's book.

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to get reverb to keep going after the clip ends

Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when applying reverb to a clip, the reverb stops abruptly when the clip stops,   this makes the reverb effect fairly useless in a lot of cases i think, and necessitates creating an individual audio track  using reverb as an insert in order to get the desired effect.

it would be nice if there was a way to toggle between "end when clip ends" and "keep going after clip ends"   for those long reverbs

it would also be nice to be able to do this with delays etc

maybe there is a way but i just didnt find it yet...

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

One option is to nest the clip, then use a black video after the clip, add the reverb to the nested sequence,  and keyframe away.

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you apply some silence at the end of the clip to give it more time to "resolve" the reverb?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bocksummercamp

i guess so yea, but doing destructive editing (even while your just adding something)  seems a little counter intuitive.  i hope that at some point adobe would consider adding a toggle switch, or just making it default that the reverb would trail on after the clip,  because i think in 90% of cases thats what the user would be looking for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

niel, thats a very clever workaround,  thanks 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lee98A4 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil thats genius , I was adding dialogue to a project that needed this solution.
I nested the audio into an adjustment layer and it worked perfectly
Many Thanks 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem by using time remapping to the sound layer. I created two key-frames at the end and I could push the last one as far as I needed. The reverb obviously lasted until the last key-frame ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines