• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of black bars on the video

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record in 720p and so there are black bars on the sides of the screen, and its kinda annoying, but then when I export it and upload it to youtube it makes the video super small in fullscreen and then the whole video is surrounded in black bars, how can I change the width and height so that it won't do this?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I also should add I also recorded it in mkv but converted in in vlc but it didn't change anything about the video except for the format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you screen capturing or recording something with a camera? It sounds like you're screen capturing. If that's the case, what is the actual resolution you're capturing at? Is it exactly 1280x720? If so, is that the exact resolution of the content you're capturing as well? To me, this sounds more like a capture issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand you are getting black bars(letter boxing) during playback and after export. 

As the expert mentioned above, it may happen if there is a difference in the resolution of original and exported file.

Could you share a screenshot of the properties of the original file and your export settings?

We'll look into this.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I couldn't respond earlier I was gone all day. Here are the screenshots, I hope this helps I really don't know.

Carter5D19_0-1617668227902.pngCarter5D19_1-1617668917837.pngCarter5D19_2-1617668984677.png

Carter5D19_3-1617669023735.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your sequence settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carter5D19_0-1617669124261.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your export settings are for standard def at 4:3 aspect ratio. Change the export settings to match your sequence and you should be fine. If you're wanting to export for YouTube, I'd recommend using h.264 rather than AVI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay thanks I'll try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines