• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of flickering of videos that is created in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that when I import video and put it in my adobe timeline that while watching and editing it will have random flickering scattered throughout the video in different spots that was not filmed with my camera. It's like a pixelated flicker and is only for a second but completely noticeable. At first I thought it's just a glitch and once I export the project it'll go away on the finished file as things like that have happened before with my other editing softwares but this one doesn't, it stays. So I also tried going back to the files in the project and clicking replace footage and then would replace it with the same exact footage file and that worked by getting rid of the original pixelated flickers but then when I go back and look through the footage again there would be new sets of these flickers scattered in new places. I do this same exact work at my full time job on adobe premiere pro and multicam the same way and even my employer has the same exact cameras as me and I have never came across this problem for my personal work before until I bought Adobe for my computer at home. Only difference is at work I have a windows PC and at home I have a MAC so I dont know if that makes a difference. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and is there a way to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not taking the time to go back through this thread, but someone else with flickering just realized that they were using Mercury Acceleration/Metal, and when they tried OpenCL, the flickering ceased.

So, if you've not checked that, could you?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well thats not the problem because its default was OpenCL and I tried moving it to software only to see if that fixed it. Im sitting here now trying to find another possible solution and I just realized something. Im wondering if its a Mac problem. I just played back the video on quicktime and theres flickers there too although they don't seem to be as bad but they are noticeable so now Im thinking I wonder if this is a mac thing because I just played back the footage on the camera and its perfectly clear and fine. It may makes sense for it to be a mac problem because I use Adobe at work and they have these same cameras at work that I own personally and don't have this problem and one thing that is different is that we use windows at work and I use mac at home so wonder if theres something I need to change on my Mac. I know this is an Adobe forum but any suggestions on how to fix this on a Mac? Thank you once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been a lot more of the flickering sort of thing on Mac's than PC's. The twin-D700 GPU arrangement of a couple years ago had issues, including just red bars across media (needing to be replaced) and several other puzzlements of video image weirdities have been to the Mac side also.

One person posting here recently had had this sort of thing and from comments that it might be a cooling/overheating issue, added a fan to his case and upped the speed settings on the fans already there prior to replacing his GPU, and it worked without troubles. Others don't seem to have found a sure fix.

But many Mac users are doing fine. From talking with the engineers at NAB, a lot of them a pretty Mac-ish by preference. And they've been running ok.

So ... yea, there's some Mac issues, and I don't know exactly how to get around them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from what someone else told me its my graphics card that is not working properly and that s an apple support system issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I SEE THAT YOU HAVE A MAC ALSO SO I WILL CONTACT THEM BECAUSE THIS IS ANNOYING AND IF I PAY 20 A MONTH TO YOU ADOBE AND A WARRENTY ON MAC THEN I SHOULD'NT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM SO ILL CONTACT MAC FIRST THEN ADOBE. THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WITH THIS ISSUE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue and I finally figured out the issue. first, check the FPS of the video you're using then create a new sequence matching that FPS, and that should do the trick. that's what I did and after months of no solution that finally worked. hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines