Highlighted

how to get rid of insufficient media error adobe premiere pro

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this message and it has been annoying any ideads how to get rid of it, without doing all this "Handle" stuff?

Topics

Effects and Titles, Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to get rid of insufficient media error adobe premiere pro

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this message and it has been annoying any ideads how to get rid of it, without doing all this "Handle" stuff?

Topics

Effects and Titles, Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't avoid 'handles' in video editing. If you want a smooth transition between two clips, a full fade from one to the other, you need to have as many frames as it takes for the time of the transition. So for an 8-frame transition, you'd need 8 frames 'extra' on each clip. For a say 24fps sequence, if you want a half-second transition, you'd need 12 frames each clip.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then what are Handles and how do i format my clips for it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you attempt to apply a Transition that goes beyond the Media End of your A clip or before the Media Start of your B clip, you're going to get this message.  It would be great if Premiere Pro offers a "Fix it for me" option or even just a "Cancel" option; however, you can ripple the A clip or B clip in the Effect Controls tab after accepting the dialog box about Inssuficient Media to remove the hold frames that are created. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my clips are longer than 5 seconds

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, is there a way for Premeire to automaticaly format the clips?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope Premiere Pro is a professional program. Editors want to have control over how the clips are trimmed.

If you want auto switch to Pinnacle Studio.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your clips are already in the Timeline, the Q key and W key are very handy ways to trimming clips prior to adding a Transition.  You can also use the Ripple Edit Tool or mark an In (I) and an Out (O) followed by an Extract (').  Of course, there are other ways to Trim a clip.   These are just the ones I use most frequently.

If you know you'd like to have handles on your clips prior to adding them to the Timeline, you can Tab through the In and Out points in the Project tab while in List View and adjust them numerically.  The only reason I don't favor this approach is that you usually set an edit point based on the picture.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines