Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get transitions to be gradual on default

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a video and I just can't find out how to fix my problem, so I decided to ask the community for help. This is what's going on:

PROBLEM:

I'm making an intro, where the text is very far away at first, but ends up being so far zoomed in it sort of wooshes past the screen (the camera going inbetween the letters so to speak). The problem I'm having is that it first frames of zoom-in goes super fast, from 1% scale to about 50% scale in a few frames, but then to get it to the 150% scale, it seems to slow down. I understand that likely the zoom is linear when looking at the percentages, but looking at the actual image growing in front of me, it really goes way too fast in the beginning and too slow in the end. 

I just made the switch from Vegas (because it is limited in its functionality), and in Vegas I know I can just drag a clip on the top right and it will automatically do a smooth fade for me. I remember it gave an indication of the fade by showing that S-curve to make sure it fades gradually. I tried replicating that S curve by clicking on the dropdown menu of 'Scale' for the zoom, and on the dropdown menu at 'Opacity' to make it fade in and out nicely and adjusting the first and last keyframe with those little handlebars.

It looks okay, but it's not a perfect S-curve, plus it will take a lot of time to do this several times. This way of doing it is going to take hours of work if I'm going to have to do this for every subtitle of the lyrics (it's a music video) that I wish to fade in or fade out on time. 

QUESTION

My question thus is: Is there a way to add a perfect S curve instantaneously? Like a template or something that I can just drag and drop onto the files in my timeline and it adds a fade in and fade out? I've outgrown Vegas, but I do remember how easy it was to just drag that fader to the point where I liked it to be. I'd love to know if there's something to replace that easy way of editing for Premiere Pro instead.

EXTRA INFO

The 'film dissolve' doesn't do it for me. That's a linear line again and makes the first part go very fast, and the other 3/4 of the dissolve effect barely have any noticable effect. However, now that I mention it, it would be great if I can use an effect like this that gives me that S curve rather than a straight line.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There we go! That's it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that it's no longer entirely free, is it? When I add the impact dissolve now, there's a watermark over it. Or am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things might have changed over time.

Did you go to the original website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's where I got it from. I guess they changed it. I've started trying to make my own presets. But it isn't quite the same as effects and I guess to make my own effect I need different software, don't I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In one of the links it does say: get free...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's a free 45 day trial after which the watermarks return and you'll have to pay, so that does me no good in the long run unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read it again: you get 4 transitions to keep one of them being the dissolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines