Highlighted

How to go to a previous save of your Adobe Premiere Pro CC project.

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I was editing, I accidentally deleted half of my video and I didn't know so my project Autosaved and couldn't undo it to get the video files back. I was hoping you can open previous versions of your adobe premiere pro and go back to your project before 1-2 autosaves

There is an auto save folder that contains the auto saves. Pick one of them and see if the deleted video reappears. If you know the time that you actually deleted the footage you can narrow the auto save down more reliably. Then once you have it back, resave the file but give it a new name so you don't get confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to go to a previous save of your Adobe Premiere Pro CC project.

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I was editing, I accidentally deleted half of my video and I didn't know so my project Autosaved and couldn't undo it to get the video files back. I was hoping you can open previous versions of your adobe premiere pro and go back to your project before 1-2 autosaves

There is an auto save folder that contains the auto saves. Pick one of them and see if the deleted video reappears. If you know the time that you actually deleted the footage you can narrow the auto save down more reliably. Then once you have it back, resave the file but give it a new name so you don't get confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of the auto-save files, the only way to go back a project version is if you're constantly saving to a new version, performing a Save As rather than a normal Save.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or a save copy ( iteration) .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is super old and not useful anymore. There is an auto-saved folder now that is stored locally. You can find it in the working folder of your project. The auto-save folder has all the recent versions that were previously auto-saved. Hope this helps. 

ethant19950906_0-1594159966540.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MyerPj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is still fine. Re. the Auto-Save folder [You can find it in the working folder of your project.]

That's if you set it up that way. The location can be changed or set in the default location which I believe is the Documents folder. Look under FILE\Project Settings\Scratch Disks....

MyerPj_0-1594165950670.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines