Exit

How to handle "huge" clips?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

maybe somebody of you has a hint for me regarding the following 'problem':

• I have a video stream from a live event that has a total length of ca. 13h (SD-solution) / 12GB.
  • I'm only interested in three different parts of this stream, each not longer than 5 minutes
  • Working with this "giant" is terribly slow! It takes already so much time to find the right in- and out-points (though I already reduced the resolution to 1/8).

What is your recommendation: to bring these three clips to the timeline and export a video from it (thus not having the whole "giant" video in the project later)?

Or is there any other approach/trick you would recommend?

Thanks a lot for your support!

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would bring the giant clip in, double click on it in the Project Panel andset an in and out points in the Source Monitor. Then go to the top of the interface clip/make sub clip. After you name it it will appear on your project panel. Repeat the process for the sections that you need.

I’d have Media Encoder installed on your machine.

Then select the sub clips, right Click and Queu. 

Media Encoder will make clips of those sections that you can bring back into Premiere without the giant clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Rob,

thanks a lot for the quick answer!

This was exactly the hint I was looking for. I just tested it - and it works fine!

Great to get such good support here!

Many greetings

Timo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines