• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import and edit 32-bit floating audio in Premiere Pro?

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a newly purchased Zoom F6 that does 32-bit floating audio recordings but I'm completely lost when trying to pull this into Premiere. It seems to import fine but when adding to the time-line I'm seeing 3 mirrored tracks... I have no idea where to go from here. Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many channels does that Zoom F6 put out?

What does the file show for audio when you right-click/properties in Premiere Pro?

And make a screen-grab of the timeline, showing waveforms. Then drag/drop that onto your text reply area so we can see what you're seeing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

So I figured out why it was merging 3 audio files into one.. Evidently I had POLY selected as opposed to Mono/Stereo... I guess I need to do some research between those two options, but I'm still uncertain as to whether or not I should be working with the *stereo* or the *mono* track. Or does it matter since I'm only using one microphone?

As for how many channels I'm recording, I have 6 inputs, but only using one (which is going to a NTG-3 condenser).

I got this F6 recorder because it has the 32-bit floating option but I'm still not sure how to make use of this feature within Premiere Pro unless I pull the audio into Audition first.

I appreciate it.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have to worry about the 32-bit stuff. The files that Zoom puts out should be usable in anything, really. The whole point of the 32-bit audio capture is to gather a wider DR of sound that it then ecodes into the file. The file should be fine.

Premiere's different audio channels can be confusing. Much"pro" audio is actually built on mono tracks, and mono can be used as 'dual mono'. Which isn't quite the same as stereo, as it "pans" differently.

Then Premiere has "adaptive" which I've not quite mentally sorted myself. Jarle Leirpoll notes in his amazing tome on everything production-wise in PrPro that the adaptive channels can be very powerful to use, but require quite a bit of training and practice to master. Hence, I've avoided them.

It sounds like mono would work just fine for your needs. Multiple channels of mono is how many productions are built.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect.. thanks for breaking that down for me... I appreciate your time. ッ 

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines