• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to insert caption item / move multiple caption items? (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Imagine this situation, some movie is ready, including all captions. Then, out of nowhere, someone claims that a particular scene or clip is missing in the whole movie. Inserting the missing clip, adjusting the music can be done in just a few minutes. However, I was unable to figure out how to shift/move around multiple (closed) caption items. I can move single items by dragging them on the timeline, but how do I insert a caption item and shift all the following caption items to match the new time code of the modified video track? I was unable to figure out how I can select multiple items and move those along the time line together.

I'm sure there is a way to accoplish this, can someone please tell me how?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Sorry but that's just botch. That way I'd have to deal with multiple tracks, copy & pasting contents between those is even more difficult.

To all those facing similar issues:

I ended up adding captions with the free tool Subtitle Edit. It even auto calculates the duration a single caption should be displayed. It was way faster and far more comfortable than Adobe's flimsy solution.

See:
Subtitle Edit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see in this video how to move multiple caption items: How to move multiple captions in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally figured out why the clip sometimes snaps forward when attempting to trim forward! You have to make sure the caption clip extends to THE END OF THE SEQUENCE! When you insert captions, the clip usually stops when the captions stop. Trim the clip forwar first at the end, then go back and edit your captions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines