Highlighted

How to interpret and use 56.803 fps footage?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot 2 footages using mobile camera (Oneplus 5) - both in 4K/60 fps quality settings (since i wanted to slow them down for my project).  As soon as i transfered them to my laptop and imported in premier pro, i see that the two 4k clips arent 60 fps to be exact.

one is 56.803 fps and the other is 60.02 fps

I know how to 'Interpret footage' (to convert 60 fps footage from my canon cam to 24 fps) but not sure what to do here in this case. What fps should i use for the timeline and how do i convert them to a slower rate such as 24fps for slow motion?

abhijeets36409562_0-1597478800557.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

If the footage is variable framerate which it obvious is convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to interpret and use 56.803 fps footage?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot 2 footages using mobile camera (Oneplus 5) - both in 4K/60 fps quality settings (since i wanted to slow them down for my project).  As soon as i transfered them to my laptop and imported in premier pro, i see that the two 4k clips arent 60 fps to be exact.

one is 56.803 fps and the other is 60.02 fps

I know how to 'Interpret footage' (to convert 60 fps footage from my canon cam to 24 fps) but not sure what to do here in this case. What fps should i use for the timeline and how do i convert them to a slower rate such as 24fps for slow motion?

abhijeets36409562_0-1597478800557.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

If the footage is variable framerate which it obvious is convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. My understanding from your response is that you are suggesting 56.803 and 60.02 fps are variable frame rate footages and i need to convert them to constant rate such as 60 fps using Handbrake

Let me check Handbrake and get back to you.. thank you once again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HandBrake download page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil for suggesting Handbrake & directing me to the download page.. Appreciate your help. Will try and get back to you after trying Ann's solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines