• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep in consistent 60fps

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been using OBS for my YouTube channel. Recently yesterday, I've discovered Iris, it's perfect for my MacBook Air. cuz when it's saved to file, it was able to play at 60fps smoothly without a hiccup. I was thrilled about that... 

One question though, when I add it to the timeline without any sequences added (although I'm not sure if I'm supposed to), somehow the video's properties shows it now will fluctutate anywhere 55 fps... so I would liek to know how can I keep it consistently 60fps without dropping frames? It's kinda strange because when I see the original video, it was at perfect buttery 60fps. Now adding it to the timeline, it now fluctuate? please help? thank you! 

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A player can frequently handle a video file with higher K or frame-rate much easier than an NLE like PrPro. The NLE has a ton of other work it's putting through the system alongside "just" playing back the file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do you suppose should I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

60fps "buttery smooth" playback in an NLE is pushing many laptops unless the media is intraframe like ProRes, DNxHD/R, or Cineform, and 1080 for frame-size. Trying mp4 or other long-GOP interframe formats or going to 4k while running 60fps ... that's a load.

And often better tried with a full desktop. With a lot of hardware inside.

For that rig, using small-framesize proxies ... either ProRes LT or proxy, or the smallest Cineform ... may get you better results while editing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines