• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keyframe the colour of simple blocks now?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a quick & dirty sketch, I want to add two simple coloured rectangles to a video and change their colour over time. Until recently, I would've done so by simply making a matte, masking it, then keyframing the colour via the effects (properties) panel, but there's no colour to be found there anymore. Moreover, though you can change a matte's colour, you can't keyframe that. (Maybe using lumetri settings, but that seems overcomplicating things, all I need is just some red to some blue or green). And no, it shouldn't be necessary to move to After FX for something this simple either, right?

Has the implementation for graphics changed (I know it did for titles... a few times), am I looking in the wrong place? I've been using NLEs for 2 decades but never ever had to spend so long trying to find how to do this very simple thing!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Ok, solved it, I guess I oversaw this: [tab] Graphics > New Layer > Rectangle. Which indeed gives me a shape I can keyframe, exactly what I needed. I guess I got confused with things having moved around past years. Funny thing though: not even once did that correct option turn up in the queries I did online ("Premiere how to keyframe colour rectangle" etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, solved it, I guess I oversaw this: [tab] Graphics > New Layer > Rectangle. Which indeed gives me a shape I can keyframe, exactly what I needed. I guess I got confused with things having moved around past years. Funny thing though: not even once did that correct option turn up in the queries I did online ("Premiere how to keyframe colour rectangle" etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines