• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Learn Premier by reading books

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any other books to learn Premiere without going through the god-awful Classroom in a Book?
The problem is I learn by READING then doing. Can't follow YouTube vids at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble with youtube is there are good tutorials out there but you need to find them first. There are also tutorials that are utterly rubbish.

www.lynda.com has excellent courses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Unfortunately my learning style is visual (reading), tactical (doing), then auditory. YouTube is totally out of my ballpark on learning style.
I'm looking for something like the good Class Rooms in a Book that walk you through a project step-by-step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to learn how to use the program or how to edit?

If you just want to learn the program just download the manual and start from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will definitely be using that as a reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you have specific questions, come back and post them in a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you start to build a bit of knowledge, there's an ebook by Jarle Leirpoll that is oft considered for "advanced" users. Yea, it's in great depth, but the opening two-three chapters have some of the best organization, short-cut setups, and workflows of any I've seen.

Neil

Jarle’s Book/page: https://premierepro.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second the suggestion to read the manual.  It's a good way to learn how the software works.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you've said about your learning style, here's a book that I think might suit you. NOTE: It's a good few years out of date (CS6 era I think), but the basic operations of Premiere pro are the same.

"An Editors guide to Premiere Pro" Harrington, Carman, Greenberg

ISBN-10: 0321840062

For more detailed and in depth info - as stated above, Jarle Leirpoll's "The Cool,Stuff in Premiere Pro" book is hard to beat, but this is more of a reference book than a project based book. At 1,100 pages and 2Kg+ it's also good for some arm strengthening exercises at your office desk : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect but I would not go there with that book "An Editors guide to Premiere Pro"

So much has changed, moved around, shortcut changed, the use of the modifier key.

Might get very confusing and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sorta have same learning thing. Must read, sometimes have to write it manually to really recall later, and then "do" also. The very early Lydia tutorials helped (run tutorial, pause as needed, go to program, do part of lesson, go back to tutorial ). I had the discs for that tutorial stuff (don't know if they still sell discs).

But the REAL learning was from making my own notebook ( a 3 ring binder which was HUGE ). By printing out help files and reading as I put in book (as well as on computer before printing) I was able to make a good help source and reference book. I used tabs to mark 'sections' of the book. Used a lot of paper. Did NOT print out entire help file, only what I wanted.

Good thing was that I could add printed material about related subjects. Like maybe some references to codecs or tech info about changing FPS ( drop frames, etc. ), tons of related materials. Took about a year or maybe longer but it really helped.

Sometimes I would also copy paste help from this forum and print THAT and put in book.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines