• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to locate the time from a clip in the timeline to the actual video file?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't really how what to title this but hear me out. I have a one and a half hour video that ive just finished cutting down to about 20 minutes. Now, I want to be able to quickly and easily find out what timestamp this small clip on the timeline appears in, in the huge uncut file. Without having to manually look through the whole file.

found out where this ^^

is in this ^^

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Hi Alix,

Try the Match Frame command. That puts the original clip back into the Source Monitor where you can look over at the Timecode of the orignal clip. Does that work for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Select the clip in the timeline, place the playhead at the point you want to locate and use the "F" shortcut or the "Match Frame" option from the Sequence menu. It will open the uncut clip in the Source monitor, with the playhead located in the  exact point you had selected from the clip in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alix,

Try the Match Frame command. That puts the original clip back into the Source Monitor where you can look over at the Timecode of the orignal clip. Does that work for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way of doing the opposite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the clip in the timeline, place the playhead at the point you want to locate and use the "F" shortcut or the "Match Frame" option from the Sequence menu. It will open the uncut clip in the Source monitor, with the playhead located in the  exact point you had selected from the clip in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines