• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a muffled phone call audio in Premiere?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have a scene with a woman talking on the phone to her angry boss on the other side. I want the effect of hearing the boss's tone of voice through the phone but not being able to understand his words.

I have seen lots of tutorials on how to make dialogue sound like it is coming through a phone, but I would like to also add the effect of making it indistinguishable which I haven't found anywhere.

Thanks for your tips!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Update: What I ended up doing was using the EQ to make it sound like a telephone, and the playing the audio in reverse at a low volume. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to try the Ess Sound > Dialog > EQ > On the telephone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, you are right that definitely gives it the sound of on the phone. But I still haven't found the right EQ or tool to make the dialogue not-understandable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: What I ended up doing was using the EQ to make it sound like a telephone, and the playing the audio in reverse at a low volume. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines