• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to mask 3 video layers...

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to achieve this kind of layout of 3 videos in my project. How can I mask the 3 videos with this kind of shape.

mask.jpg

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

If you don't want to use the Track Matte draw the shapes in the Ess Graphic then Mask with Shape.

One video

afbeelding.png

3 different videos

afbeelding.png

Shapes and videos can be animated independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my initial layout

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the mask still on a video track and add 3 mask paths to the inbuilt opacity effect I used the pen tool clicking on each point of the boxes. Copy the clip and 'paste attributes' to the people video. There are many ways to do this but this is one of the easier.

Mask 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks will try that.

I can see that you tried using track matte key. Is it possible to achieve the layout using track matte key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to use the Track Matte draw the shapes in the Ess Graphic then Mask with Shape.

One video

afbeelding.png

3 different videos

afbeelding.png

Shapes and videos can be animated independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I have drawn the shape and added some clip and mask it with the shape. I was able to recreate your setup and setting from your screenshot. Now my question is, I can only see the graphics not the video in the timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video is embedded in the graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, that another problem for me as I cannot see the clip's beginning and end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change anything in the EC panel except the length.

You will have to make your clips the exact length you want them to be before dropping them into the EssG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea, so what I did is follow your setup and setting and I have to draw the shape and add the clip then applied the mask. So now I have the graphics with the shape and video. Next thing I did is to place the original clip plus the graphic on top of it then disabled the video track of the original clip then extend the graphic length corresponding to the original clip length, viola!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the help, here is my final sequence. I already saved the shapes as presets so I can just apply them for the next project. Cheers!

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I couldn't make the track matt key work with your stills, might have been due to the scalling I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines