• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to: need to mark several ins & outs per audio track

Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are able to mark ins and outs in the source pane for audio tracks.

I would like to be able to mark several ins and outs for several

sections of a track in the source pane.  Is there a way?  I could

marker spots of interest, but that would beome confusing. 

Audition lets us "range" between markers to know. 

PPro does not seem to.  Any ideas please?

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 1.59.52 PM.pngCatalina 10.15.7.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

You can create markers with duration in Premiere, that may be what you need to do to get the job done today.

And you probably want sequence markers, not clip markers.

Use your keyboard shortcut for "deselect all" (Ctrl/Shift-A on my rig) to make sure nothing is selected, then with playhead where you want to start tap the M key. With the timeline zoomed in some, you can now hold down the Alt key, then click the very upper-right corner of the sequence marker, drag to the right, and let go wher

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you place this feature request on the User Voice site? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that wont be necessary now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create markers with duration in Premiere, that may be what you need to do to get the job done today.

And you probably want sequence markers, not clip markers.

Use your keyboard shortcut for "deselect all" (Ctrl/Shift-A on my rig) to make sure nothing is selected, then with playhead where you want to start tap the M key. With the timeline zoomed in some, you can now hold down the Alt key, then click the very upper-right corner of the sequence marker, drag to the right, and let go where you want the marked duration to end.

Alternatively you can hit M to creat the marker, tap M again to open the Markers panel, and either drag the "duration" option in blue to the right to increase it or type in a timecode for the duration needed.

Either way, with sequence markers with duration set, your name for the marker appears on the marker itself at the top of the sequence on the timeline bar. Making it easy to know which is which.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, I knew there had to be something!  Oddly I tried every key combo

on the timeline of the source panel, and not on the M !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's so freaking much to this app, it's a fraught process to figure every which way of doing something out. Which is where a user forum like this is so useful. SOMEONE may know a way to just get something done ...  😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how select clip/audio/sequence between marker in/out? When I try to jump to end of marker, its go to next marker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, there's only go to the beginning of the marker. There's no built-in way to go to the end of a marker with duration.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was afraid of. But thanks for answer.
Usualy when I preview video and want make many in/out,I add two markers - one for on, one for out. But with log clips and many markers, I consider if marker is in or out 😄 And marker with duration is great solution. Fortunately when you click near start or end of marker playhead jupm automatically.

Unfortunately I found bug - its imposible to change duration of clip marker when you edit it from Markers Panel. There's no problem with sequence markers or when edit from Source Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines