• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to pack Dynamic Links After Effects file's footage in Premiere? collect files/ project manager

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to collect After Effects Dynamic Links files in Premiere Pro?

I'm using cc2020.

In my Premiere Pro project, I use replace footage with After Effects Composition, which is dynamic link.

In the end, when I use project manager in Premiere Pro to collect files, it has After effect file in the folder, but it didn't collect After Effects footage.

I then have to click dependencies in After Effects to collect footages.

However, if I open the Premiere pro project, it wont link to the After Effect in the folder with footage.

Is there some way I can pack my footage without collect them from both PR, and AE, and then link those dynamic links again manually?

Can I pack AE footage as well with PR's project manager?
please help me if you know how to do!

Thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Project Manager doesn't really function well when trying to bring something in from Ae, which is a different program entirely. And then there's always issues with dynamic linked comps within a current project ... which are bad enough.

So I skip that mess by exporting replacement media from Ae to replace the comps on the sequences in Premiere. Then that Premiere project no longer "needs" a link to Ae.

I would recommend that process always for archiving projects. And if you wanted to be able to revisit the Ae project while reopening a Pr project, move the Ae project file into a parent folder of the project with your Pr project file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

what I  do is

- collect the prem project

- collect the afx project

- then relink the prem project you collected and delete the one it creates for you in the  managed/collected  prem folder files

you may have to relink  1 piece of media, to find all the rest 

cheers

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to your approach. I get that it's not a perfect system, but I think this works the best (and doesn't require a kind of tedious pre-render of the compositions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... and then manually gather all PSD and AI files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines