Highlighted

How to prevent duplicate bins when importing sequences with new media

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi clever people,

I'm assisting an editor who is working in an existing Premiere project. New rushes will be coming in every day which I'll need to import into my assist project and then transfer across to editor's project. I duplicated editor's project to bring in the new media with the same bin names and structure, then created a new Transfer sequence with all the new rushes. When I import the Transfer sequence into Editor's project it creates duplicate bins, for example 01_RUSHES bin or 02_ARCHIVE FOOTAGE bin, which already exist. 

Is there a way of importing sequences where the new media automatically saves to existing bins?

For example DAY 2 rushes will go directly into the 01_RUSHES bin instead of creating another 01_RUSHES bin.

Thank you for your help!!!

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to prevent duplicate bins when importing sequences with new media

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi clever people,

I'm assisting an editor who is working in an existing Premiere project. New rushes will be coming in every day which I'll need to import into my assist project and then transfer across to editor's project. I duplicated editor's project to bring in the new media with the same bin names and structure, then created a new Transfer sequence with all the new rushes. When I import the Transfer sequence into Editor's project it creates duplicate bins, for example 01_RUSHES bin or 02_ARCHIVE FOOTAGE bin, which already exist. 

Is there a way of importing sequences where the new media automatically saves to existing bins?

For example DAY 2 rushes will go directly into the 01_RUSHES bin instead of creating another 01_RUSHES bin.

Thank you for your help!!!

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?