• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to record to a mono track in Premiere pro

Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to record a mono track for voice annotation.  I can set up a mono track via Modify > Audio Channels, but when I click on the microphone and start recording, it records to the left channel only of a stereo track.  How can I either record to a mono track, or record mono to both tracks. Thanks.

Zaffer

premiere record mono.jpg

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

The image you show is of a 'standard' track, which is paired mono.

A 'true' mono track has this little icon in it ...

Audio Mono Track Icon.PNG

And for voice-overs, that's best done by adding a track via right-clicking the timeline header block, Add Tracks, and delete the video track, and set the audio track type as needed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image you show is of a 'standard' track, which is paired mono.

A 'true' mono track has this little icon in it ...

Audio Mono Track Icon.PNG

And for voice-overs, that's best done by adding a track via right-clicking the timeline header block, Add Tracks, and delete the video track, and set the audio track type as needed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil,

How do I get the little mono icon to show on a track?

Zaffer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neil,

I did it!  I figured out how to add a mono track just like you said.  First I dragged my mp4 with its blank audio track (no audio recorded for this video) to the timeline.  Then I  clicked on the timeline header  block, opened Add Tracks, and chose Mono for Track Type.   That produced a track with the mono icon for Audio 2.  Then I simply deleted the blank audio Audio 1 track.  Perfect.  Thanks so much.

Zaffer

Add track settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines