Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove video content within a longer video

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I recorded a 3h conference call. There are moments from the call I want to remove. I don't want these moments to be visible when I export the video from Premiere. I import the video of the call as a project. Then I press Ctrl and move the video to the section where I can see the video track and the audio track. 

On the video track, I can only see the first Powerpoint slide of the presentation. I cannot see the other Powerpoint slides or moments from the call. I can trim the beginning of the video of the call, but how do I remove a specific moment from the call. For e.g. how to remove a moment from 00:31min to 00:32min? 

I've searched the user guide and found references about cuts, which from my understanding don't mean that you're removing a moment from the video. Thanks for your feedback.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very basic stuff and I'd suggest you do some tutorials to get the basics of editing in Premiere.  There are lots available on the adobe site and on youtube for free and some great structured series of tutorials on Linkedin Premium which requires a subscription but I think there's a free trial...  I'll be happy to answer any questions you have once you've got a handle on the basics (and I'm sure there are many others here who would also help). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did some tutorials within Premier and on Youtube. I haven't quite found what I am looking for. I'll review the tutorials suggested by John T Smith and see if I can find what I am looking in one of them. Thanks for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for sharing the links! I'll review the tutorials you suggested and see if I can find what I am looking for in one of them.Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I reviewed the tutorials shared in this thread and other tutorials. The tutorials all mention clips that can be deleted/removed. From what I can see in the tutorial, the clips are separate media files. However, I have one media file. Within that media file (the video of the call), I need to remove video content. Can you please explain how I can remove video content within this media file? 

Is Premiere supposed to automatically breakdown the media into clips? How do I fix this technical issue as Premiere is not automatically creating the clips?

Do I need to separate the media file into clips and then delete then? How do I separate the media file into clips?

Thank you for explaining how to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/scene-edit-detection.ug.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/trimming-clips1.ug.html

What you are trying to accomplish is very basic editing.

Nobody is jumping the queue to tell you how to cut scenes being that a long file or seperate clips.

I think you might be over your head with Premiere Pro. Not a program for beginners in video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links. I tried the Scene Edit Deletion, but the analysis has not progressed at all for 50min mow. Yes, I'm a beginner. What other program could I use to remove content from this 3h video? I've tried other programs, but they either only trim the start and the end of the video OR they can't remove video content shorter than 10 seconds. Thanks for sharing suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about grabbing the Razor Tool and cutting the video file yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines