• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to render only selected clips on the timeline for a smooth preview

Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i want to select for example only three random clips on the timeline track 1 to be rendered for a smooth not choppy playback, why can't i just highlight the clips and hit "render selection" ? The only way i know to do this is to set in and out points and then hit render in and out, however that will then also render usually clips on the above tracks as well which i did want to be included.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have one or more clips selected in the Timeline, you should be able to choose Sequence > Render Selection from the Sequence pull down menu.

As you'll probably use this often, you can set a custom keyboard shortcut in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts, Windows or Adobe Premiere Pro > Keyboard Shortcuts, Mac).  In the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box, enter "Render Selection" in the search text field and that should filter the list to Application > Sequence > Render Selection.  You can click in the Shortcut column to add a shortcut.  If you haven't set any other Keyboard Shortcuts, "Shift Enter" should be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JulianM,

why can't i just highlight the clips and hit "render selection" ?

Yellow bars or red bars? I don't believe Render Selection works with yellow bars. You're right, though, you should be able to have that choice. File the issue here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on Kevin's post:

If you are not being Red Bars above the selected clip(s), you'll want to try a lower Playback Resolution or creating proxies.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Render selection works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't , right now it doesn't and the bar looks yellow altough sometimes its hard to tell because the yellow and green  colors are too similar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And hope you don't mind me asking another fast question about another issue I'm working on right now: The drone operator's drone propellers show clearly in the video footage of the boat and i can off course scale in and reposition the shot to remove the drone propeller's flickering in the video and i get the thick black box on the side of the video clip as a result. I assume with cropping I will achieve the same result and the black box as well but by checking the zoom box it will stretch the footage to fit the screen and I would get rid of the thick black boxes which might look better and although the boat is a bit stretched it actually looks fine and generally speaking i assume this does not cause problems to the future audience viewing the film on different devices  ? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can right click and select render and replace. That should do what you're looking for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render & Replace won't bake in the effects, so that likely won't solve this need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE for 2020: Select your clip > sequence menu item > Render Selection 

render.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is no working for a several months now. I allways have to render the entire timeline. I am on the latest software version. Any solution?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines