Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to replace a portion of an image sequence in Premiere Pro

Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends!

I have the following issue. I have exported a two hour film in 16bit Tiff sequence from Premiere Pro. I usually do that in After Effects, but now since Premiere supports 16bit and 32bit floating Point exports, I did it in Premiere. 
Now, I have made a change in a scene and I want to replace this portion of the tiff sequence with this change like I was doing in After Effects. But Premiere cannot do that, since no matter what you do, it always starts the numbering of the exported part with 000. I want to export, for examble, from 0124314 till 0124908. I want to replace this portion of the tiff sequence. Even if I set the export to start from this specific frame and end to wherever I want, the numbering starts from 000, which means that I cannot resume the export from the specific frame I want. This is very easy in After Effects. 
I cannot move the Premiere sequence to After Effects and do the job there because some effects of Colorista and some other effects are somehow resetted in After effects and I have to color grade the clip again. 
It cannot be done neither through Adobe Media Encoder.
Of course there must be a way to export a portion of an image sequence the way I want from Premiere, otherwise this is a major fault of Adobe. This is the good thing with image sequences. You can replace whatever parts you like without having to re-export the whole movie as you would have to do with a video file. I can't imagine such a simple thing cannot be done in Premiere. No way..
So, how can I do that?

Thanks,

Yiannis.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can batch rename them in The Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried this in some small portions. The only thing is Bridge has only 6 digits for image sequence numbering. I want 7. But this is not a broblem. I can make it have 7 digit. The thing, though, is when, for example, I have made 10 or 15 frames cut in the begining of the film (I have removed those frames), I have to rename/renumber all the remaining frames, and that takes for ages if you have a 4K Tiff sequence which is 7.3TB. Bridge stucks and cannot complete the task....
So, I quess I have to re-export the whole movie and that sucks. I couldn't believe Adobe doesn't have a workaround for such a simple thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good question, actually. I have imported plenty of image sequences but I haven't exported any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines