• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to resolve the error "Cannot set property videoFrameRate" when changing frameRate using Script?

Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used to change all of the sequence's frame rate in premiere pro using this following script lines by extendscript toolkit.

var currentSettings = app.project.sequences[0].getSettings();
currentSettings.videoFrameRate = (1/60);
app.project.sequences[0].setSettings(currentSettings);

I just simplified the code out of for loop. By this code first sequence item in project file should change it's framerate to 60 fps. But it throws me an error says "Cannot set property videoFrameRate" it was working some days ago. The error is happening on second line. It didn't assigning value to the frameRate of collected settings. I didn't updated the premiere. But now it's not working. What should I do to make it work again?

Premiere Version : 14.3.0

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

We have an open bug against that; DVAPR-4223032.

Also, in the snippet you provide, you're attempting to set videoFrameRate (a Time object) to a floating point number, which can't work; I think you'd want to set currentSettings.videoFrameRate.seconds.

[Still won't work until we fix the bug; I'll keep this thread informed of our progress.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an open bug against that; DVAPR-4223032.

Also, in the snippet you provide, you're attempting to set videoFrameRate (a Time object) to a floating point number, which can't work; I think you'd want to set currentSettings.videoFrameRate.seconds.

[Still won't work until we fix the bug; I'll keep this thread informed of our progress.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bruce! 

Any news on this issue? We are really looking forward to the decision and forcing clients to turn off the "New World", this causes many problems in the work of other extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, no progress to report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines