• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reverse keyframes

Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way when selecting all keyframes in Premiere, to reverse order?

I made a few animation presets to be added onto the beginning of a clip and placed them in the preset bin. It would be great to have an option to reverse for the same preset but have it outgoing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

I figured it out. Jeff Bellune had the correct answer but requires one more step.

In my case I had animated keyframes and saved them as a preset.

1. Add a clip that is one second in length to a sequence. (You may have to subclip). This is just a dummy clip

2. Apply the preset so that the length of the animation is spanning the clip.

3. Reverse the clip and it will reverse the keyframes.

4. But now you can either copy and paste or create a preset and apply to your original clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any such capability.  You'd need to manually create the outro preset as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all you want is an exact reverse of the animation, then all you need to do is add a copy of the normal animation to your timeline, right-click the clip and choose Speed/Duration.  Check the Reverse Speed option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would reverse the video as well, not just the animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the animation is something with an alpha channel and overlays the base video, then all will be well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animation is not a video file, it's just a saved Preset of keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, PR doesn't have "Time Reverse Keyframes" like AE does.

You may have already discovered this: you can re-order the keyframes by clicking and dragging each one from right to left; however, it must be done one keyframe at a time (it's pretty tedious).  Also, if the parameter that you're animating uses Spatial Interpolation, changing the time position of the keyframe to an earlier frame is likely to result in a different spatial result.  For example, if you're animating Position along a curved path, reversing the keyframes in this manner will result in a different curve between keyframes.

This would make a great feature request for PR.

For what it's worth, you can find this feature in AE under Animation > Keyframe Assistant > Time Reverse Keyframes (use it after selecting the keyframes to be reversed).

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. Jeff Bellune had the correct answer but requires one more step.

In my case I had animated keyframes and saved them as a preset.

1. Add a clip that is one second in length to a sequence. (You may have to subclip). This is just a dummy clip

2. Apply the preset so that the length of the animation is spanning the clip.

3. Reverse the clip and it will reverse the keyframes.

4. But now you can either copy and paste or create a preset and apply to your original clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, worked for me. But applying these reversed keyframes from the reversed clip would not be applicable to a nested sequence or, I think, any element that is nonreversible.

Time reversing keyframes would be a really great update for PR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just Nest the keyframed clip, and then "Speed/Duration... Reverse Speed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the two keyframe you want to reverse, then

1. Right click
  2. Keyframe Assistant
  3. Time-revers Keyframes

Capture5.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mammakinna:

That works in After Effects, but (unfortunately) not in Premiere Pro.  I'm not sure anyone expects PR's key frame options to match AE's, but it would definitely be a nice to see Time-Reverse Keyframes make it's way over to PR.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooopsss... You're right... It's a PR  forum...

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to the best of us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that just nesting the clip and then outside putting a basic 3d, and rotate it 180 degrees works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a real pain that you can't reverse the keyframes that are on a static element (you can only reverse a video).
But I devised a helpful way to take out some of the pain of doing it manually..
Take a screen grab of the time line and keyframe points... place in Photoshop... select the keyframes section and flip...
giving a guide to where the points need to shift 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines