Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to see all the subclips (in/out points) into the same main video

Enthusiast ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created 3 subclips from a main video.

So, in the main video I have done 3 times "in" point and "out" point in order to create the 3 subclips.

But I don't understand why in the main video (source panel) I don't see all these "in" points and "out" points corresponding to the 3 subclips ? How to have these in/out points appear in the main video ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subclips "technically" are where you've selected a section of a longer clip, and right-click "create subclip", and given it a name.

If you do, those are stored as separate named items in the bin.

If you simply mark in/out and drop to a sequence, then move on for another in/out point, you haven't actually created a specific "subclip".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I am talking about my main video in the source panel.

From this main video, I have created 3 subclips.

To create each subclip, I have done : "in" point and "out" point, then Control+U (to create a subclip), then named the subclip.

So at the end of creating the 3 subclip I should see in my main video (source panel) the "in" point and "out" point of each subclip I have created, but it is not the case. Why ?

My goal is to see at a glance in the main video all "in" point and "out" point I have created when making my subclips (like in Adobe Prelude by example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why doesn't the Source monitor show all three subclips out of the main? Because the metadata for those subclips is stored as data for the subclip not the original full clip. Every item shown as an individual item in a bin has its own meta storage. The original clip has its data. Each subclip has its own, separate data.

I understand what you'd like to see, but the way PrPro stores meta, it ain't gonna happen.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines