• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to select the start point of a track mask in PP?

Contributor ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing something wrong. I want to reduced the glare of an item that comes into frame by adding a track mat -- at least I think that is what this is called -- that follows the subject as it enters and leaves the shot. I can make the mask just fine, and it follows perfectly, but the mask just sits on the sceen in that position before and after the subject has gone. I can figure out how to get the keyframe to start and end but not appear and disapear for a portion of the shot. 

What am I missing? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

You can fade the mask out totally with its opacity controls, so it's not doing anything. That may be what you need.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the size control in the Program monitor bottom left corner, set to 10%. This gives you a lot of space around the frame of the image. Now ... when the subject goes off frame, follow them off with the mask.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, then, the mask is supposed to start at the beginning of the clip and continue unti the end even if it's only necessary for a small part in the middle? I'm supposed to minimize mask until I need it, or have it start off screen, or change the opacity, is the idea? 

I've been trying to work out how to make it start and stop mid clip, but that's no possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fade the mask out totally with its opacity controls, so it's not doing anything. That may be what you need.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm late to make this thread solved. After reading your first answer, I did just that. I'm just surprised that the mask can't actually start and finish at a certain time, but that it's carrys on through the clip. Good to know. 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I often cut the clip to start and stop effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines