• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set a custom Transition Preset as "Default Transition"?

Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the standard video transitions I can just right click one of the presets (Additive Dissolve, Cross Dissolve, etc.) and set as default.  However, when I right click a custom preset that I've created (that is a transition), there is no option to "set as default".

I attempted to work around this limitation by trying to do a copy and paste of my custom transition ... however, when my custom transition is selected in the sequence, "copy" is grayed out and no option to copy it?

As a results, I've got a custom preset transition that I want to apply to several clips in my sequence but I can't ... so I have to manually drag and drop the custom preset transition to each clip start/end ... very tedious and time consuming.

I'm hoping there is a better way?

Cheers, Rob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select custom transition in timeline,

Ctrl+C,

Select clips/cuts with rolling edit tool,

Ctrl+V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Sorry, that didn't work for me ... still have to manually drag drop my custom Transition at each clip cut.

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it should work.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it worked for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have wondered this too. Anyone have an updated workaround? It would be great to have this feature because I hate Premiere's cross dissolve!

Rob - this is what I do now as a workaround. Whenever you bring in the footage/graphic you will be adding this transition to, make sure they are all the same color and that it is a unique color. Then select one, and click on Label > "Select Label Group" to select all of them, and then drag and drop your preset(s) all at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines