Highlighted

How to set a default export preset?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First, I have searched the forums and only found threads that didn't have any real conclusions.

I edit a lot of files, and for 95% of them I use the same export preset, as I'm sure many people do.  I very rarely use the Match Source preset, as I need to save bandwidth/file sizes.  Premiere Pro remembers my Format choice (H.264), but it doesn't remember my Preset.  I have to select it manually every time.  I haven't found any way to set a default.

Can anyone help with this?  I'm quite surprised that a program as thoroughly developed and refined as PP doesn't have this implemented many years ago.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to set a default export preset?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First, I have searched the forums and only found threads that didn't have any real conclusions.

I edit a lot of files, and for 95% of them I use the same export preset, as I'm sure many people do.  I very rarely use the Match Source preset, as I need to save bandwidth/file sizes.  Premiere Pro remembers my Format choice (H.264), but it doesn't remember my Preset.  I have to select it manually every time.  I haven't found any way to set a default.

Can anyone help with this?  I'm quite surprised that a program as thoroughly developed and refined as PP doesn't have this implemented many years ago.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal behavior is for Premiere Pro to use the same export settings for all first time sequences, or the last used settings for subsequent exports from any given sequence.

In other words, for a new project with many sequences, you will have to choose the settings for the first sequence.  After that, the remaining sequences will come up with those same settings.  But if you were to export any given sequence a second time and need different settings, you would have to change them manually for every sequence.

Make sense?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim,

Thanks for your answer, but that's not the behavior I'm getting.  Every sequence has to have the preset re-selected.  Only if I re-encode a sequence is the preset remembered.

This also goes for other threads on the same subject in this forum, BTW.

Steinar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

You on a Mac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Mac, everything updated to latest versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

My only thought is you have a different default behavior than PC.  I don't know if that can be altered except by switching to PC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but i have the same behavior on a pc ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's not normal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone from Adobe help please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2017 0
Enthusiast ,
Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While not a solution to your issue, a (semi) workaround is to use Media Encoder, which exposes your custom presets at the top of the list in the Preset Browser.

You can send multiple sequences to Media Encoder (without bothering about their settings in Premiere), and drag your preset to all the sequences you want and it will affect all of them, saving you some steps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone from Adobe watching these threads?  I would like to know if there's anything I can do.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user forum.  Adobe staff help out when they can.

Maybe take a look at this, see if anything helps.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steinar: Create a preset (or modify an existing one and save it with a new name): Media Encoder Help | Using the Preset Browser

When you're ready to export, send the sequence(s) to the Media Encoder Queue and then drag your preset to all of the jobs in the queue to apply that preset to your multiple outputs simultaneously.

I would also recommend making a feature request so that, say, in the Media Encoder General Preferences, you could select a preset as the guaranteed default every time: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Finally, check out watch folders in Media Encoder: Create a watch folder | Adobe Media Encoder tutorials

Perhaps that will address your needs.

Please post back whether any of this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years later!!!!  

DELETE THE "AddExporterList.txt" File!  

That fixes this, so it remebers the last preset you used and also Quicktime shows up as an export option (Quicktime remembers SMPTE Time Code track).

With Media Encoder quit out of... Go to Applications/Media Encoder and CONTROL+mouse on the application to Show Package Contents... go to the Contents/Resources/txt folder and copy as backup to your desktop (or wherever you want), then delete the file "AddExporterList.txt".  Empty your trash, restart Media Encoder.  That will fix that!

2 problems were happening with my CS6 Media Encoder on my Mac, 1) Quictime export was not an option, 2) the Default export was some FLASH movie preset and everytime I sent a movie to Queue to encode from Premiere Pro that same preset of FLV H264 was the only thing it would start up with and I had to manually add my custom preset to it and delete the FLV preset, except I couldn't get Quicktime to replace the MP4 format!!!!  BUT now it's all working as expected!!!! YAY!!!

Any questions....

JOHNAVATAR.com

Pacific Palisades, CA 90402

Media Encoder app show package congtents - Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 10.14.10 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically if you are doing epiosodic and each time you enter a new project, you will default to the H.264 High bitrate with no TC?

This is very annoying when I am exporting all my H.264 with TC and instead of it defaulting to my preset, it defaults to the Adobe one and my export has no TC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0