Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to set by default the insert edit in the preferences panel

Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Premiere Pro I would like to set by default the insert edit function in the preference panel.

So, each time I want to move a part of the timeline to another place, it goes automatically between two parts (like in  Premiere Rush).

How to do this ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such preferences. But you could try holding down ctrl+alt when moving a clip in Premiere Pro

Premiere Elements does have this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ann,

I have tried to use "Control key" by moving a part of a video to another place, but sometimes it works, sometimes it does not works (in that case : at the place of the insert, it goes overwritting the video part at the right).

I have noticed also (from version 14.6 update) that another shortcut is not working anymore : the insert function from the source monitor (if I click on the insert button nothing happens).

Do you think this is a bug ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cltr + ALT.

No not a bug: guessing you did not source patched the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks to you I have understood that my problem of inserting button was coming from that I had not selected the source patch inside the timeline. Now it works like a charm.

But if I made Control + Alt and move a clip between two clips, it does not works : the clip is inserted between two clips but it overwrites the beginning of the next clip. I don't understand why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines