Highlighted

How to set default caption length

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding Captions, PP will add a 1 second caption. Most end up being around 3 seconds. How do I change this default setting?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Stan Jones | Adobe Community Professional

I don't see any way to change that behavior. The public Beta has a new caption workflow that is using the essential graphics engine, so I don't expect any changes in the current caption system.

I do not like the PR system for adding/editing captions. I would use a dedicated caption app, something like Subtitle Edit (where you can control such things) to create the captions. Then import to PR.

Stan

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to set default caption length

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding Captions, PP will add a 1 second caption. Most end up being around 3 seconds. How do I change this default setting?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Stan Jones | Adobe Community Professional

I don't see any way to change that behavior. The public Beta has a new caption workflow that is using the essential graphics engine, so I don't expect any changes in the current caption system.

I do not like the PR system for adding/editing captions. I would use a dedicated caption app, something like Subtitle Edit (where you can control such things) to create the captions. Then import to PR.

Stan

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

I will give the app a go.

Coincidentally I did try a couple of the paid services - transcript mainly and found my Kiwi accent screwed up the transcribe engine. If there was an app that could tap into google translate (or any Google app) which has a large library of our slang and accent, that will be perfect.

Thanks again,

Jim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. Let us know how it goes.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0