• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transition between two tracks

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the Premier Pro trail, so I only have 7 days to decide if I want to buy this.  

I'm trying to create a project and want to cross transition between two images.  I have looked everywhere and cannot find how to do it.  I just want to fade out and fade in... this should be simple.

I came across one Adobe video in which the man said CTRL D should apply cross fade, but that doesn't work.  Can anyone please give me a simple explanation as to how to do this?

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true, if the tracks are selected and you hit "ctrl-d" then it will apply a "cross fade" between the two. If you're having trouble with those steps then look in the "effects" panel and in there is a folder called "Video Transitions". In there is one labeled "dissolve" and in there is "cross dissolve". Which you can then just drag onto the seam where the two clips are against each other. Make sure they are both on the same track of course (in case that wasn't obvious) and you should be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find transitions in the Effects panel, under Video Transitions.

Transitions are applied on cuts, so you have two choices:

• you could apply a transition between two clips on the same track
  • you could apply a transition at end of one clip and at start of another clip (on separate tracks)
Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines