Highlighted

How to trim a clip automatically?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of video's from which I want to create a highlight compilation. For each video I create a sequence in which I make a few cuts so I get 6, 7, 8 highlights. Every highlight is exactly 10 seonds.

What I do now is I press home to go to the start of the sequence, change the playhead position to 10 seconds, make a cut, delete the part which is left, delete the empty space and change the playhead position to 20 seconds and repeat the whole set of actions. 

That takes quite alot of time and I have the feeling there is an easier way. Could someone give me a little push in the right direction please?

Topics

Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to trim a clip automatically?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of video's from which I want to create a highlight compilation. For each video I create a sequence in which I make a few cuts so I get 6, 7, 8 highlights. Every highlight is exactly 10 seonds.

What I do now is I press home to go to the start of the sequence, change the playhead position to 10 seconds, make a cut, delete the part which is left, delete the empty space and change the playhead position to 20 seconds and repeat the whole set of actions. 

That takes quite alot of time and I have the feeling there is an easier way. Could someone give me a little push in the right direction please?

Topics

Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually there are aesthetic considerations that the editor makes...  guess not in this situation...  forgive the snark (nor not) but really...  There are macro programs that will allow you to create a shortcut for a series of keystrokes...  do some googling...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines