• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to turn off Premiere Pro 2020 Splash Screen?

Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, title says it all.

The prefs/answers I've found force either a spash screen or a document to be open. But how do you have Premiere Pro open without anything open? 

Cheers

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

You can't. It's either "show home" or "open most recent". Out of curiousity, why does it bug you so much? Kinda helpful to have the latest projects show up in a list I thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. It's either "show home" or "open most recent". Out of curiousity, why does it bug you so much? Kinda helpful to have the latest projects show up in a list I thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, there are a few reasons why it's so irritating sorry...

1. Closing a document is absolutely the wrong time to display an open window
  2. The window appears automatically, is not user-initiated, and wrongly assumes your next task
  3. After closing a document to focus elsewhere, the open window is like an irritating website pop-up
  4. Closing the open window quits Premiere which is rarely your intention if on a Mac
  5. The alternate preference doesn't allow Premiere to be open without a document which is a needless restriction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything this person said! It is incredibly annoying to close a project and have premiere steal focus for the entire machine. I hate this. Actually, to re-phrase it. I hate this!!!!!!!!!!

Stop it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've started noticing this more in general - espcially after installling updates. 

Stop treating your product like an advertisment to promote features - we're trying to work.

Does this make any sesne to anyone at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. i cant run start script
2. if you constantly change letter drive units the splash screen does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines