Highlighted

How to turn off Premiere Pro 2020 Splash Screen?

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, title says it all.

The prefs/answers I've found force either a spash screen or a document to be open. But how do you have Premiere Pro open without anything open? 

Cheers

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Graeme_Bull | Adobe Community Professional

You can't. It's either "show home" or "open most recent". Out of curiousity, why does it bug you so much? Kinda helpful to have the latest projects show up in a list I thought.

Topics

How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to turn off Premiere Pro 2020 Splash Screen?

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, title says it all.

The prefs/answers I've found force either a spash screen or a document to be open. But how do you have Premiere Pro open without anything open? 

Cheers

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Graeme_Bull | Adobe Community Professional

You can't. It's either "show home" or "open most recent". Out of curiousity, why does it bug you so much? Kinda helpful to have the latest projects show up in a list I thought.

Topics

How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
csscms LATEST
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, there are a few reasons why it's so irritating sorry...

1. Closing a document is absolutely the wrong time to display an open window
  2. The window appears automatically, is not user-initiated, and wrongly assumes your next task
  3. After closing a document to focus elsewhere, the open window is like an irritating website pop-up
  4. Closing the open window quits Premiere which is rarely your intention if on a Mac
  5. The alternate preference doesn't allow Premiere to be open without a document which is a needless restriction

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines