Highlighted

how to un-nest a sequence in premiere?

Feb 23, 2015

Copy to clipboard

Copied

It should be so easy as right click on it!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by RoninEdits | Most Valuable Participant

that would make some sense, where we have the option to restore unrendered... but perhaps with nests possibly being full of many tracks, it would be too messy.

you can either open the nested sequence, so it opens in a new timeline. then copy and paste it to the original/main timeline. or drag the nested sequence from the bin to the source monitor, then in the timeline toggle off the "insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips"  button. then either drag the clip from the source window to the timeline or use the overwrite button/command.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to un-nest a sequence in premiere?

Feb 23, 2015

Copy to clipboard

Copied

It should be so easy as right click on it!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by RoninEdits | Most Valuable Participant

that would make some sense, where we have the option to restore unrendered... but perhaps with nests possibly being full of many tracks, it would be too messy.

you can either open the nested sequence, so it opens in a new timeline. then copy and paste it to the original/main timeline. or drag the nested sequence from the bin to the source monitor, then in the timeline toggle off the "insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips"  button. then either drag the clip from the source window to the timeline or use the overwrite button/command.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 23, 2015

Copy to clipboard

Copied

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2015

Copy to clipboard

Copied

What version are you using?

Do you have the Nest Icon in the Sequence Window (Top Left)?  That controls if the Nest is inserted flat or expanded.

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2015

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Hello  Mr. shooternz and thanks for your interest!

I am using the most recent version of premiere and yes I have the Nest icon checked and used it.

But it is not good enough for me because I edited nested sequences between them (which were edits of various video and audio tracks).

What I need is to replace the nested segments of sequences by the original clips and audio files!!

I had to thought about it before... my mistake...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2016

Copy to clipboard

Copied

What you can do is ensure the nest toggle is off (upper left corner of timeline window), mark in and out on your nested clip, put the playhead at the top of the clip (in point) then match frame back to the nested sequence, then overwrite with the appropriate patching and voila your nested clip will be replaced with the contents of your original sequence. If you have multiple layers of nesting just repeat until you reach the source level.  

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2015

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!!

That´s definitly what I am going to do!!

I search all the web, asked google so many questions and no answers... copy/paste is the only old school option!

Thanks,

Fred

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2016

Copy to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if Premiere made this as easy as Davinci Resolve 12.  With a single action one can "Decompose in Place".  Really simple and really sweet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2017

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Adding to this with important advice:  Make sure, when using this technique, to create a few spillover tracks (both video and audio) as well as activating them, so that all content is brought in.  If you don't, and if your sequence has more tracks than the destination, Premiere just dumps what it can and leaves out the rest!

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines