• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to update a photoshop file in a premiere sequence if you've added a layer

Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just discovered a handy thing and figured someone out there might find this useful..  Working on a multi-layer title card that I created in photoshop and edited into a sequence.  Selected the clip in the timeline, and control clicked and chose "edit original" which opened it in photoshop, and then added a new layer of text, and tweaked pre-existing layers.  Did a save in photoshop, went back to premiere and the card had updated for pre-existing layers but did not include the new layer of text.  I could have re-imported the card and replaced it, but I figured there was probably an easier way of doing this.  and there is.  

control click on the clip in the timeline and choose, reveal in project, control click on the clip in the project and choose "source settings." and you can activate/change layer display...   

Always pays to explore the interface when something seems clunky...

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah nice. I thought that dialogue which lets you choose how to import was a 'one time thing'. Good tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines