Highlighted

How to use smartphone to capture Video Live in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone help. I am thinking about making a video to eventually upload to you tube. I would like to use my Smartphone's camera to record the footage. Is there anyway I can use Adobe premiere Pro to record the footage live, which means I can use the PC/laptop as my viewfinder for camera. My Smartphone is connected via USB. I am new to this so looking for some advise. I have tried playing about and checking capture settings while making sure the camera on my phone is activated, but I see device offline in the capture screen. I have Adobe premiere pro CC 2019.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Short answer: not possible.

Just make the video with your phone.

Copy footage to hdd.

Then ingest into Premiere.

device offline in the capture screen

This is for tape camera's with a firewire connection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to use smartphone to capture Video Live in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone help. I am thinking about making a video to eventually upload to you tube. I would like to use my Smartphone's camera to record the footage. Is there anyway I can use Adobe premiere Pro to record the footage live, which means I can use the PC/laptop as my viewfinder for camera. My Smartphone is connected via USB. I am new to this so looking for some advise. I have tried playing about and checking capture settings while making sure the camera on my phone is activated, but I see device offline in the capture screen. I have Adobe premiere pro CC 2019.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Copy footage to hdd.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy footage to hdd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2019 0
May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann said, you can't do this with PR.

I was curious, since you are just looking for a large monitor as you shoot video. I did a screen cast from my android (Galaxy S10+) to a 4K TV. Generally, this works well, and it auto-rotates to my phone's orientation (portrait/landscape). However, when I set to camera mode (photo or video), I get a message that it won't allow landscape for devices connected by HDMI.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't.

Get a proper camera recording to SD cards.  Film it first, then transfer the footage for editing second.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2019 0
May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a recent iPhone? You can connect the iPhone to an HDMI monitor so that you can see what you are shooting with a Lightning to HDMI adapter:

Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple

Don't know about other phones.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your quick response. I will need to look at another way of doing it. Basically I wanted to make a video of me cooking a recipe in the kitchen. So I was going to use my Android phone camera to shoot the video. If I was able to stream the video to my MacBook it would make things a lot simpler than trying to look at my phone to see if I am getting a good shot. I have downloaded another piece of software, where you can stream to a laptop, but no auto rotate feature. buying a camera I feel would be a waste of time, as I am not sure how many videos I want to shoot. Due to my restricted mobility it is impossible for me to stand up and check the camera to see the quality of the shot, I would find it a lot easier to connect my android phone to a MacBook then use my MacBook to see what I am shooting. My phone will be mounted to a stand on the kitchen counter, to high for me to see what is going on. I need it high up so the camera is shooting what is cooking in the pot. .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late to the came but this "might" work for you: https://reincubate.com/camo

It enables you to use your iphone as a virtual webcam which you could pick up in Premiere.

I use it for webex, skype etc with no problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 1