Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to zoom in mask path key frames?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

My first time posting here. 🙂 I´ve been doing lumetri correction by using mask path effects.  For unknown reason a few key frames lost suddenly (due to some error) their masking information in the mask path. These key frames did not disappear, their data (mask) disappeared. Hence while playing, for few seconds all the lumetri correction resets totally, until it cathes up with a key frame with the mask information included. I wondered, if I just delete those empty key frames and correct the mask path, but the path is so tightly packed with key frames, I can´t pin point the right key frame at the mask path. I´d need ZOOM IN, in order to see clearly the right key frames. How do I do that? Thanks for everyone in advance! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, talking about premiere pro. Sorry. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd sugest you zoom in as much as you can with the zoom scroll bar at the bottom of the timeline of the Effects Controls panel (to zoom in, you drag unto the middle one of the circles at the beginning or the end of the bar) and then navigate through the keyframes with the "Go to Next/Previous Keyframe" controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind reply. The scroll bar zoom is at maximum, but the key frames are still way too tightly packed. I'm used to be able to zoom in Really close, say like, with Pro Tools or Logic Pro. Isn't there any way to zoom in closer like that at the FX controls timeline? The scroll bar zoom is quite useless unfortunately.

However, I´ve navigated through the keyframes by using the "go to next/previous keyframe" tool as well. The thing I'm puzzled with thought is, the key frame (where I'm at) won't ghange its color into blue (the way the key frames do, if I click them by mouse at effects controls timeline). Just want to make sure, I won´t be deleting a wrong key frame...

I guess, another option would be, if I won´t delete anything. I´ll just navigate through the mask path timeline to the point where the mask is momentarily missing, and build a mask (new key frames) from the sratch in place. Just hoping that wouldn't mess with the rest of the mask path in general in any way?

Thank you for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is solved. Got a final advice from elsewhere.

Thank you hernanmoreno.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you tell us how you solved it? I'm curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, at first ghanging the screen view into full screen mode increased somehow the range and scale for zooming in (funny how sometimes solutions are so simple, and yet you can be too blind to find it =D). I have a pretty large display, so I never use full screen mode while working. After that it was finally possible to pin point the right key frames (which were quite close to each other). Then I deleted the empty key frames, created new ones and copied the masking information of the previous key frame and pasted it in to the new one, then adjusted its mask in place within the path. This was also a kinda "new" discovery for me; you can copy-paste masking information between key frames. Still, I´m left with the issue, why these random errors occur, which cause these problems in the first place. I´m pretty sure it´s got something to do with CPU overloading. There are momentary spikes of over 90% while playbacks, and if it hits 100%, it could cause an error and information lost. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines