• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to zoom photo width to fit screen?

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in 16:9 aspect ratio but often I have a photo that is portrait orientation that I want to fit the width to the screen size and allow the top and bottom to be cropped. Or I may adjust the Y position, or animate the Y position on the timeline.

Right now I just eyeball the width of the photo as I adjust the zoom % with my mouse. It's easy to miss the edge by a pixel or two especially if there is not enough contrast between the photo and whatever is behind the photo.

Is there an easier way, like a "zoom photo width to screen" command hidden somewhere?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, but your request isn't uncommon at all as there is no way to set the size of ANYTHING in Premiere without just messing with "scale". Making it incredibly inaccurate. This is a job for After Effects or to have all your images the right size before bringing them in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there's no way in Premiere to do that automatically, please vote up this feature request so it gets more attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all. I voted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as Graeme mentioned here , there is a feature like this in  After Effects where you can fit the clip into your comp window, but not in Premiere.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines