• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HSL Secondary not working right through Media Encoder

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting video clips (I work for a small stock production studio so I'm exporting many short clips not a longer edited piece) through Media Encoder. Each clip has some color adjustments done with Lumetri. Most of them have some adjustment made in the HSL Secondary tab. Everything was working fine just a few hours ago. Then in the middle of a batch of exports one of the clips started to take about 10x as long to export as previous similar length clips. I noticed in the preview the areas where the secondary adjustment was applied looked totally desaturated. I let it finish just to see and sure enough there is blotches of black and white wherever the adjustment was. Every clip I have tried since then has the same problem. Anywhere I apply a secondary adjustment it looks black and white when its done.

Not a problem if I export directly from Premier only when I go through Media Encoder. But doing each clip one at a time is not a long term solution given my workflow.

I have tried restarting everything as well as creating a new premier project, reimporting my footage and building a new adjustment. Same thing every time. I can't figure what could have changed from earlier when my adjustment came through just fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

I do a lot of stuff through Lumetri, some direct export, some queued, and nearly everything uses HSL's. (I wish we could do multiples within a single Lumetri!)

I've done some clip-by-clip out's through AME also, probably just like what you're doing. And after the way I've ragged out Lumetri testing it (somewhat stringent about things like that ... ) ... it's not that often that someone comes up with something that has me totally beflummoxed.

You've just done it! I'm sure that's great comfort ... n

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of stuff through Lumetri, some direct export, some queued, and nearly everything uses HSL's. (I wish we could do multiples within a single Lumetri!)

I've done some clip-by-clip out's through AME also, probably just like what you're doing. And after the way I've ragged out Lumetri testing it (somewhat stringent about things like that ... ) ... it's not that often that someone comes up with something that has me totally beflummoxed.

You've just done it! I'm sure that's great comfort ... not.

So ... do your older projects export via AME ok, or does everything now do this?

I'm wondering currently about corruption in the AME program on your machine, or one of it's associated files. As it doesn't take very long, I'll suggest going directly to the nuclear option. Download the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool ...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Install and run it, without uninstalling the AME app first (I find better success this way than following the instructions on that step), and use the CC Cleaner Tool to both uninstall AME and do the cleanup.

Re-boot your computer. Download a fresh copy of AME from the CC Desktop app, and see if that now works properly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, that seems to have done the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you're working again. The work must flow!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem and sadly this solution didn't fix it. Any other suggestions? I'm working on a feature documentary and if I try to export directly from Premiere, it crashes. Exporting through Encoder and I get this weird de-saturated problem on clips with HSL Secondary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a few ideas ... I know you're commenting about the HSL panel but for all the things that seem to cause this, I'll list them ...

First, if you've got any LUTs that you've built/purchased and put into the program-files folder-structure of PrPro that are added to these projects, and those LUTs are not ​also​ in the same folder structure with AME's program-files, AME will not apply those LUTs.

Next, some of the older LUTs from previous versions can/will do this, so if you're using a "Legacy" folder LUT, this could be a problem.

And something specifically within AME that might also help with this ... in the Edit/Preferences/General dialog tab, the "Import sequences natively" check-box: deselect this (un-check it) ... and see if that helps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merhaba Neil ,premier pro 2015 sürümünde hsl secondary bölümünü acamiyorum ,lumitri color sekmeninde yok yardımcı olur musunuz ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there was HSL Secondary in the 2015 version, as back then, we still had SpeedGrade, a full video colorist's application available through the awesome ''Direct Link", a far more stable thing than the Dynamic Link to Ae.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines