• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HUGE COLOR ISSUE IN PREMIERE (Noisey clips.)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Had some colored files get sent to me and every time I drag them into premiere they do not look the same.

I've tried playing with sequence setting but have no luck.

Any help would be awesome.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag/dropping those files onto the text reply area would help us see, as they would appear directly in the post. Downloading 'strange' files not being a welcoming thing, and yea, this forum software is weird.

Do not look the same ... as ... what?

What OS are you on? What do you compare them to? And what color management have you done with your computer and monitor/s?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil! Thanks for the info! This is my first time using the community.

I had a friend color some raw Varicam LT footage for me in Davinci resolve. (He has a PC)

He gave me the files and XML in MOV format and this is what they look like.

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 2.20.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-02 at 3.45.35 PM.png

When I bring these clips into premiere however this is how they look. The noise seems to be more apparent

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 3.53.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 2.21.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 3.47.54 PM.png

I'm using a I MAC with both monitors in the LED Cinema Display Calibrated color setting.

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 3.48.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 3.49.02 PM.png

Here are my sequence settings:

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 3.54.10 PM.png

Hopefully, I did it right this time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still trying to figure out where you're comparing ... between the Source monitor and Program monitor, between PrPro and something else, what?

And do you have the preferences option for "display color management" checked?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

I'm comparing from the MOV. file given to me and the source monitor in Premiere. I have two monitors but these are both on the same screen. 

My MOV. file in Quicktime gives me a decent image while my source monitor gives me a noisy image. I've tried an export and the noise stays.

I did not have the display color management checked. Do you think I should turn on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac especially, you must have the Display color management 'on' so that PrPro can remap the image inside PrPro to a correct Rec.709 image. Apple likes being unique, and so decided to apply their own unique 'version' of Rec.709 on their system through their ColorSync utility.

And yea, that causes massive problems ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neil! It worked. Man I never dealt with that before.  Thank you so so much, sir! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines